Friday, September 2, 2011

Bicycle Incident - A Brake failure


One day I had borrowed my friend Vinay’s bicycle on the way back from school. He had informed me that the brakes were a little loose and asked me to ride carefully. 

I was just learning to ride a cycle that time and as we continued down the road, suddenly I noticed that a speeding auto-rickshaw was heading down the same path, so to make way, I increased my speed just a bit, to my misfortune, and the cycle wouldn’t stop no matter what and kept accelerating down the hill. My friends kept looking at me ride down the road as I went zooming downhill.

Fortunately, that day, the roads were dug up to correct the optical fibre cables in the ground. I sped into the ditch, landing on the other side of the ditch, with the cycle inside the ditch. Since the ditch as a wide mud barrier, it kind of shielded the bike from scratch, and me from severe wounds.

I still remember the kind of thrill and panic I had on that day. Though I regret now for being so careless with my life, I am happy that I got to experience this event.

I later analyzed most of the options I could have taken on the way down.

On that day, because of the ongoing construction work on the side road, there was a lot of sand, I could have decided to land on the sand, but as most of you might have experienced, Sand can be dam slippery and I might not have made it.

Suppose the roads were not dug up on that day, I would have no way to stop myself from riding into the drainage channel on the other side of the road. Lucky me and thank God (^_^).

However, by the end of the year I got my own bicycle and had plenty of special experience which I will share some other time.

3 comments:

  1. Wiztech Automation is the Leading Best IEEE Final year project Centre in Chennai and the final year students are provided complete guidance and support in their final year projects. The IEEE projects in Chennai that Wiztech Automation offers guidance and support for include complete range of system domains – such as PLC projects, embedded projects, VLSI projects, software projects, IT projects, Civil projects. Students looking for specific projects pertaining to departments of ECE, EEE, E&I, Mechanical, Mechatronics, bio-medical, IT, Computer, Civil projects in B.E, M.E, B.Tech, M.Tech, B.SC., and M.Sc Electronics, could also get turnkey solutions at Wiztech Automation Solutions to turn out successful project outcomes and models. Since the students at Wiztech Automation gain thorough theoretical and practical knowledge and skills as they pursue their final year projects and develop 2015 and 2016 Latest IEEE Projects portraying them well.

    Final year projects in chennai
    Mechanical projects in chennai
    ece projects in chennai
    Final year eee projects in chennai
    VLSI project center in chennai
    Industrial projects in chennai
    Fianl year CSE projects in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. WIZTECH Automation, Anna Nagar, Chennai, has earned reputation offering the best automation training in Chennai in the field of industrial automation. Flexible timings, hands-on-experience, 100% practical. The candidates are given enhanced job oriented practical training in all major brands of PLCs (AB, Keyence, ABB, GE-FANUC, OMRON, DELTA, SIEMENS, MITSUBISHI, SCHNEIDER, and MESSUNG)

    PLC training in chennai
    Automation training in chennai
    Best plc training in chennai
    PLC SCADA training in chennai
    Process automation training in chennai
    Final year eee projects in chennai
    VLSI training in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embedded system training: Wiztech Automation Provides Excellent training in embedded system training in Chennai - IEEE Projects - Mechanical projects in Chennai Wiztech provide 100% practical training, Individual focus, Free Accommodation, Placement for top companies. The study also includes standard microcontrollers such as Intel 8051, PIC, AVR, ARM, ARMCotex, Arduino etc.

    Embedded system training in chennai
    Embedded Course training in chennai
    Matlab training in chennai
    Android training in chennai
    LabVIEW training in chennai
    Arduino training in chennai
    Robotics training in chennai
    Oracle training in chennai
    Final year projects in chennai
    Mechanical projects in chennai
    ece projects in chennai

    ReplyDelete

Jobs Around The World